“For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ”.
At Suitland Road Baptist Church, we teach the principles of everyday living through God’s word. We live in a hostile world with many problems: cultural difficulties, drugs, crime, arms race, AIDS epidemic and more. If you are seeking answers to your problems or concerned about assurance in this life, the answers are found in God’s word. As a Bible believing church, we know the Bible addresses these issues and has the answers for today’s generation. The truths in the Bible will develop spiritual and moral character in children and parents.
We exist as a non-denominational, bible, evangelical church committed to knowing Christ and making Him known. The bible is our all sufficient rule of faith and conduct, and provides all answers for life problems. Through the word of God the Holy Spirit equips God’s people for the work of ministry.
- We believe the Bible is the inerrant Word of God, verbally inspired, and the all-sufficient rule of faith and practice. (II Timothy 3:16, 17) (II Peter 1: 19-21)
- We believe in on God, eternally existing in Three Persons: Father Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28: 19, 20) (II Corinthians 13: 14)
- We believe in the virgin birth, the sinless perfection, the bodily resurrection and Ascension into Heaven of Jesus Christ, and in His present life there, He is for us The High Priest and Advocate. (Matthew 1: 18-25) (II Corinthians 5:21) (Luke 24) Acts 1: 9 – 11) (Romans 8:34) (I John 2:1)
- We believe man was created in the image of God, that he disobeyed God, and thereby incurred spiritual death, which is separation from God, and also physical death as a consequence; and that all the Adamic race are born in sin and are sinners by nature and practice. (Genesis 1:26; 3:1-7) (Romans 3:23; 5:12) (Ephesians 2:1-3)
- We believe the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins as a vicarious, substitutionary Sacrifice, and all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood. (Romans 3:21-2; 6:23) Hebrews 9:2; 10:1-14)
- We believe in the personal, the premillennial, the pretribulation and imminent Return of or Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. (Acts 1:10,11) (Thessalonians 1:10; 14-18; 5: 1, 2)
- We believe all who receive the Lord Jesus Christ by faith are born of the Holy Spirit and become children of God. (John 1:12, 13) (John 3:1-7) (Romans 8:9-17) (Galatians 4:4,5)
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting Blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost. (Daniel 12:2) (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17) (II Peter 2:9) (Revelation 20:1-15)
- We believe the Church is an elect company of believers baptized by the Holy Spirit into one body. Its mission is to witness concerning its Head, Jesus Christ, preaching the Gospel among all the nations and to edify the Saints. The Church will be caught up to meet the Lord in the air before He appears to set up His Kingdom. (I Corinthians 12:12,13) (Acts 1:8) (Ephesians 4:11-13) (I Thessalonians 4:16, 17)
- We believe the grace of God is sufficient for the maintenance of a godly walk and that Christ, and not the law, is the believer’s rule of life. (Ephesians 2:8,9) (Titus 2:11-15) (Ti2:11-15) (Galatians 3)
Come and experience scripture and worship in a new light..